The Gig Harbor Film Festival invites you to see first-hand the work of aspiring filmmakers in our community. View 14 short films from the 2016- 72 Hour Film Competition and come to the Awards Party at the Inn at Gig Harbor.
All 14 ﬁlms will be premiered on the big screen at the Galaxy Theater at 2 different times on Sunday (4/3) afternoon – at 1 pm and 3 pm. Then at 5 pm come see the winners at The Inn at Gig Harbor for the Red Carpet Awards Party. The cost of the film ticket is $10. The combined party and film ticket is $25. Get your ticket at Eventbrite HERE.
Students from Kopachuck, Harbor Ridge, Harbor Heights, Lighthouse and Peninsula High will all compete in their age bracket (13 and under; 14 – 18; 19 and up.) Each team of up to 5 had to adhere to the following criteria:
- Write, ﬁlm, edit and score a 5-minute short all within 72 hour (Mar. 10 – 13)
- The following elements must be in the film-
- 1. A coffee mug
- 2. A tube of lip balm or lip gloss (lipstick doesn’t count)
- 3. A laugh or giggle (heartwarming or evil sinister type)
- 4. Line of dialogue, “I just wanna be alone” or “I just wanna be left alone” either one.
Judges are Al Abbott & Dennis Minor, who serve on Gig Harbor Film Festival boards and Stephanie Derosa from Harbor Ridge Middle School.