Learn a great sport – More then just a lesson, a life-long skill.
Archery hero Legolas in “Lord of the Rings” and even Merida in “Brave” had to learn their archery skills- you can too!
Children will learn safe bow handling, arrow retrieval safety, target strategies, and fun exercises that build on skills learned. Archer strengthens your core muscles as well as eye-hand coordination as it builds confidence. Most of all it is FUN!
- Classes for ages 7-14
- Every Wednesday from 2-6pm (runs from May 23 – Aug. 15)
- $5 per participant/hour
- At the Sportsman Club – 9721 Burnham Dr. Gig Harbor
- Includes all equipment
- A certified Instructor
Class sizes are limited so contact Ceit at firstname.lastname@example.org to register soon.
Register between NOW and May 25th and you will be AUTOMATICALLY entered for a chance to win one autographed item from CUBS INFIELDER JAVIER BAEZ!
This is an event that is sure to bring families together from within our community to enjoy our beautiful Flagship park, showcase our youth sports and support youth recreation in our area.
20 batters in each category ranging from Grades 3rd – 8th will have the opportunity to step into the box for their chance to claim our first ever Harbor Home Run Derby champion. Everyone who enters will receive honorary Home Run Derby jersey.
How does it work?
– Temporary fencing will be installed prior to the event (Roughly 4ft in height)
– Distances from Home Plate to CF fence for each age group will be as follows
Grade 3 & 4 – 155ft
Grades 5 & 6 – 165ft
Grades 7 & 8 – 205ft
– Batters will have 2 minutes at bat
– Players with most balls hit over the fence wins
– In the event of tie, batters will have 1 minute to hit as many balls as possible to break tie.
What do you win?
– Winner in each grade category will receive 1 autographed item from Cubs Infielder Javier Baez and a coveted Home Run Derby trophy!
– 8:30 am Opening Ceremony
– 9:30a – 11a: 3rd & 4th
– 11:30a – 12p: 5th & 6th
– 12:30p – 2p: 7th & 8th
*Rules subject to change