I am delighted to tell you about one of my favorite events in the harbor.
The Altrusa EMPTY BOWLS event is one of the most unique fundraisers I have experienced. Why?
First are the details (then the why): event details are on Event Resources Gig Harbor Calendar
When: Saturday February 16, 2019 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Where: Boys & Girls Club 8502 Skansie Ave Gig Harbor, WA
Why I find this to be a very unique event;
- WIN- There is no entry fee
- SCORE- You are shopping for a one-of-a-kind artistic bowl made by a local artist.
- FULFILL- Know your purchase & free-will donation will be feeding hungry children.
- YUM- You taste incredible soup creations made by local restaurants.
Empty Bowls creates great community partnerships in building awareness;
- The artists get their work known and owned throughout the community.
- The restaurants get their culinary skills at soup making tested.
- You get to meet the Altrusans who make such an impact in our community.
- You get to see the community kitchen in action that Altrusa equipped.
- Another non-profit assisting with the event is the Kiwanis Club of Gig Harbor.
- Some of the major sponsors include: Peninsula Light, CHI Franciscan and Gig Harbor’s Coldwell Banker Bain.
Come early and get in line to snatch up that artistic bowl when the doors open at 11:00am.
You will find all types of bowls from pottery to glass to wooden. Come hungry so you can sample all those delicious soups that the restaurants made especially for this event. But most of all attend to support efforts to feed hungry kids. Altrusa is joining a new alliance this year to combine resources to make an even bigger impact on this serious issue- and it all started 5 years ago when Altrusa identified the need and brought Gig Harbor the first Empty Bowls.
Make a BIGGER difference- Join Altrusa- Click HERE or on any red link to learn more about the organization and how to join.