Charitable NonProfit-Greater Gig Harbor
The Greater Gig Harbor Foundation (GGHF) is a nonprofit charitable organization that strengthens and enriches our greater Gig Harbor and Key Peninsula communities through collaborative engagement in identifying the diverse needs, raising funds and connecting resources to those needs. In 2017 GGHF gave back over $470,000 to our community.
COMMUNITY EVENTS GGHF HOSTS:
- Cider Swig Fall Festival which includes: Exclusive Cider Makers Dinner, Cider Tasting Garden and a “Free” Family Community Fall Festival.
- The Green Gig Dinner: a fun-filled evening of local food, auction and music.
- Cinco de Mayo Event: Mexican themed Community Myxer and Spirits with music, dancing and more.
ON-GOING (Year-round) GGHF SUPPORTED PROJECTS:
- Community Harvest Project: Hunger Relief partnering with FISH, Food Backpacks 4 Kids, Thanksgiving Basket Brigade.
- Curious By Nature: Early Childhood Education School.
- EnviroCorps: Programs that support and maintain our parks, trails and roads.
- Gig Harbor-Opoly: A board game for purchase- all about Gig Harbor
RECIPIENTS OF GRANTS & SPONSORSHIP SUPPORT
- Community Spirit Grants: Lakebay Community Church, Harbor History Museum, Key Pen Parks, Peninsula Hands-On Art, Longbranch Improvement Club and Two Waters Arts Alliance.
- PenMet Food Truck Fest
- Open Studio Tour
- AUSA Military Appreciation Day
- Maritime Gig Festival
- Gig Harbor Paddlers Cup
- Peninsula School District’s Early Learning
- YMCA Street Scramble
When you attend GGHF events and support the projects you are making a difference building a healthy, vibrant community for today and for future generations.