Caring for Kids and the Community
The Kiwanis Club of Gig Harbor is affiliated with Kiwanis International- a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. Kiwanis Club of Gig Harbor has implemented programs that benefit local residents with a focus on the youth, disadvantaged, and the aged for over 50 years. Our club membership includes individuals who want to contribute to positive changes in our community.
We accommodate our members by providing 1 hour meetings either for weekly breakfast meetings or for afternoon lunch meetings.
- Weekly- Wed. @ 7am – Harbor Place (1016 29th Street NW Gig Harbor 98335)
- 1st & 3rd Tues. @ 11:30am – El Puebilito- Downtown GH ( 3226 Harborview Dr.)
Our membership is open to all and we encourage you check us out and be our guest.
A major focus is in working in the Gig Harbor public schools (targeting low income):
- Reading enrichment – reading to at risk children
- Extracurricular experiences such as field trips
- Clothing and school supplies for children in need
- Classroom Awards to augment needed equipment and supplies
- Promoting leadership to High School students (KEY Clubs)
- Scholarships to High School seniors
We support many local non-profits and community projects:
- Altrusa “Empty Bowls” Project
- EBC West Sound Baby Closet
- Communities in Schools
- Peninsula Hand-on-Art
- KGHP Radio at Peninsula High School
- Greater Gig Harbor Foundation
- Honoring Project at Austin Estuary Park
Community Events we support:
- Gig Harbor Film Festival
- National Night Out
- Maritime Gig Festival
- Chum Festival
- Boys & Girls Club Santa Breakfast
We invite you to join us in caring for the greater Gig Harbor kids and Communities.