Sip, Educate and Shop all from home Dec. 3rd @7pm
I have attended many virtual events, but this one combines all the best of a virtual.
- Wine Tasting featuring Yakima Valley’s exceptional DavenLore Winery.
- Cheese pairing – that are specially selected by the Gig Harbor Fred Meyer Cheese Department for these wines.
- Meet & learn from vintners/educators about wine, cheese, and how to pair them.
- Shop for that unique local holiday gift in a silent auction.
- Support your Gig Harbor/ Key Peninsula community through Kiwanis programs serving underprivileged kids, veterans, seniors and more.
When: Friday December 3rd, 2021
Where: At HOME on Zoom (zoom link will be emailed to you)
What you get: 2 bottles of DavenLore Wine – Petit Verdot & Sauvignon Blanc – ($57 value) and a selection of complementary, gourmet cheese (all available for pick up Dec. 2nd, 4-6pm at Uptown Pavilion or delivered by special arrangements – see sign page)
If you have not experienced wines from DavenLore you are in for a big surprise. I feel these are some of the finest wines produced in Washington! Owners/Winemakers “Dr. Dirt” (Dr. Joan Davenport) – is a WSU Soil Science Professor and Gordon Taylor who has 40 years of experience in the food industry. Dr. Davenport combined her love of wine, science and soil in developing a GIS model for wine grape production in the NW. The quality of DavenLore Wine is a testament to her philosophy that site and soil management “the earth”, is the key to fruit crops. After tasting, you will want to give a bottle to all the wine-lovers for the holidays.
Get some unique holiday gifts at the silent auction. After reviewing the auction items, I will share with you two of my favorites; My first “wow” is a custom watercolor portrait of your pet. My other “wow” is a weekend stay at a lovely log cabin on the Naches River in Eastern Washington. These are only the start. Remember all the items are donated by local residents with the proceeds going to Kiwanis local programs.
This is why I say this is not an ordinary virtual event. Your Kiwanis members have combined holiday shopping for a cause, wine and cheese tasting for the palette and conversation for your mind. All… while you relax and enjoy it in your home.