If you have been wondering how you can help families that are struggling in our community, this Saturday is your opportunity to help while having fun!
When: Saturday Dec. 19th… this Saturday!
Community folks have been busy organizing a food & toy drive combined with a safe holiday family fun parade!
You are invited to the first ever lighted car parade. A parade that literally comes to you. Best of all everyone can join in at no cost and no need to register!
- Join the FUN: Decorate your car(s) and join the parade. Be at the YMCA at 4:00pm to get in line. No need to register. See video below for some car decorating ideas.
- Watch the parade: With 2 different routes the parade passes by many schools & parks. Check out the map links below and some of the best viewing locations close to you own communities. Santa will lead the parade, there will be music and even a special Seahawks surprise.
- The GIVING: Please donate non-perishable food and new unwrapped toys for the Peninsula FISH Food Bank. Take them to the Galaxy Theater in Uptown where the parade ends.
Q & A:
- How do I find out more info? Visit the Facebook Page HERE
- Where and when do I come to join the parade? Be at the YMCA Parking Lot at 4pm Saturday 12/19/20 (ends ~ 6:00pm at Uptown)
- How can I make lights work on my car? Look for a car inverter at local stores like Home Depot, Target, AutoZone (~ $20). Need some ideas to decorate your car? Check out this video
- Can I play music from my car? Yes, and radio station KGHP-FM (89.9) will have Christmas music playing to broadcast.
- When and where can I drop off food & toys? (noon – 6:30pm on 12/19) at the trailer parked at the Galaxy Theater in Uptown. Non-perishable food and unwrapped toys please. Here is a list of items needed.
- I hear there are almost 30 communities collecting food & toys for their local community, Can my community join in? YES, we will even help you spread the news with official flyers. Email Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*There will be 2 different parade routes throughout the harbor. Tune into KGHP-FM (89.9) to hear where the parade is approaching so you can pick your neighborhood viewing spot. Downtown along Harborview Drive will be a good viewing area. But remember to please keep your distance from others.
If you don’t live near one of the two parade routes, these are the best locations to park and watch from your car:
- Downtown along Harborview Drive between Anthony’s & Pioneer Way
- Along the road on Judson St
- Arletta Store / Hales Pass Park
- Veterans Park
- Whitley Hills
- Uptown is the last stop
For any questions about the parade please contact email@example.com