I know you have seen these posters all over Gig Harbor:
- Date: Saturday August 18, 2018 12 noon – 9pm
- Where: Gig Harbor Sportsman Gun Club (off the new Burnham Dr. roundabout) 9721 Burnham
- What: 8 kickin’ bands on the big stage while you dance, drink & eat as you get your groove on.
- Why: All proceeds benefit our local (Race for a Soldier folks) Permission To Start Dreaming Foundation.
- Cost: $20 in advance at these locations: Finholms, Spiro’s, Harbor Barber, Millville Pizza, All Star Guitar. $25 at gate day of show. Children under 12 free.
Are you wondering what this is and why should you attend?
This festival has a 25 year history as the Old Town Blues Festival in Tacoma where it raised tens of thousands of dollars for many worthy causes. Last year was the first year in Gig Harbor and we thank local production professionals (Mike & Mike) for bringing it to our community. This event is modeled on big city events with a great variety of quality music, a massive stage and sound system and free level grass parking with attendants to guide you. You will find great food vendors and a well stocked beer & wine garden, but you are also welcome to bring in coolers (inspected at gate). Be sure to bring your own lawn chair.
What is the cause? Gig Harbor’s own Permission to Start Dreaming Foundation(PTSD) . The foundation exists to help our military members, veterans and families throughout the Pacific Northwest to access effective, long-term solutions to bring hope and healing from Post-Traumatic Stress (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Both can lead to destructive behaviors and even suicide if not recognized and treated.
So let’s double last year’s 600 attendees and come on out to support this festival and its local cause. Come by for an hour or stay for all 9 hours- all for $20! What a deal!
Here is a run-down of the class acts that Mike is bringing to the stage: Click here to see the band bios.
Here is a “loose” schedule so you won’t miss a group you especially want to hear:
- 12:00- King Kom Beau
- 1:00- Marc Johnson and Friends
- 2:00- The Whirlies
- 3:00- Jonell Mosser- all the way from Nashville- check out the list of greats she has sang with!
- 4:00- Dr. Jaap’s Funk Shop
- 5:00- Doctor Funk
- 7:00- Jethro Tull Experience- the only Jethro Tull tribute band in the PNW
- 8:00- Shelly Ely & The Gentlemen
SEE YOU ALL THERE IN SUPPORT OF THIS GREAT FESTIVAL THAT IS GIVING BACK TO OUR LOCAL NON-PROFIT!
More info at RockinRNB.com