Gig Harbor is stepping up to honor our Veterans
with a Community-wide Celebration.
Monday Nov. 11, 2019 @ 11:30am – 2:00pm
Gig Harbor Antique Airplane Museum Tacoma Narrows Airport 1108 26th Ave NW Gig Harbor
I feel Veterans Day has been under-rated in the holiday mix, but Gig Harbor is raising the bar by engaging the community and its youth.
Here are my top 10 reasons why attending this event is imperative:
- Come feel that chill of admiration and pride as you stand to watch the uniformed color guard present the colors.
- Sit at a table with Veterans young and old- ask them to share a story and thank them for their service.
- Shake hands with your Veteran neighbors- realize they live and work all around you.
- Hear from a longtime Gig Harbor resident – Steven Wood, USAF Lt. General, retired– a front-line combat fighter pilot who graduated from both Peninsula High and UW .
- Meet program emcee and manager of our local Arabella’s Landing
Marina- retired USMC officer and Purple Heart recipient- John Moist.
- Notice the posters and placemats made especially for this event by Gig Harbor youth.
- Hear of local High School students that will win scholarships for writing outstanding essays in Tribute to Veterans.
- Partake in a delicious lunch prepared for you by local caterer Sunshine Catering for only $15.
- View some of the Antique Airplanes on display at our new Gig Harbor Antique Airplane Museum.
- and the #10 reason you need to attend this event and tell everyone you know;
ALL VETERANS ATTEND for FREE!!
We will reserve your seat at a table simply by registering at this link by Oct. 31 bit.ly/gigharborveteransday2019.
The Gig Harbor Antique Museum is a venue that can be utilized for events big & small/ public & private. Book your holiday event, your corporate meeting or even a family wedding. Check out all the venue rental details on this Event Resources Gig Harbor link.