Ocean5, close to completion.
When mentioning Ocean5 around town I get a blank look.
With this blog series I intend to change that to wide-eyed stare to total and complete excitement and anticipation.
You likely have seen the signs and watched that impressive building going up next to the new Fred Meyer. So what is it? I personally call it the;
Social and Entertainment Emporium
Ocean5 connects people…
…as does the 5 great Oceans of the World.
It is the first of it’s kind… and is the dream of Gig Harbor resident Troy Alstead who is the former chief operating officer at Starbucks who has extensively traveled the world.
Social: Ocean5 uses all the major components that gather people together;
- Welcoming- You will be personally greeted at the door.
- Great food- (Table 47) restaurant- Watch for a future blog on this incredible eatery.
- Great beverage- both coffee cafe & a full bar- casual, soft and inviting.
- Happenings- Events/ Meetings/ Parties/ Weddings/ Community/ Groups/ Family Gatherings.
- Relaxed seating that beckons- inviting ambiance with warm fireplaces and merriment everywhere.
Entertainment: Ocean5 brings the allure of games- in a group or a personal challenge.
- Bowling lanes- regular 10-pin lanes.
- 12-pin Duckpin bowling (What?? you asked- I’ll tell you more in another blog)
- A two-story laser arena for up to 40 players.
- Gaming arcade
Watch for a future blog on each of these activities.
All wrapped into a sustainably built building:
- Uses Geo-thermal heating and cooling
- Recycled materials throughout the building
- Solar and daylight lighting
Now that you have the overview- next will come more specifics in followup blogs.
But, the big question that looms in your head right now is….
When Will It Be Open?
My answer is “Greatness takes time”
Watch for the next blog for more details.