Show your local PenMet parks how much you appreciate them- in only 3 short hours.
No pre-registration needed- just show up at one of the locations mentioned below on Saturday from 9am – noon, “dig” in give a hand sprucing up your local PenMet parks. Includes a hot dog lunch at noon for the volunteers at Sehmel Homestead Park.
Wear appropriate clothes and shoes for the weather for work such as- weeding, trimming or racking. Bring gloves and any garden tools like shears, loppers, mattocks, pruners, racks or shovels that you may have (label them), but most of all bring your smiles & enthusiasm!
Gather the family, your work office, your organization or just yourself and meet at any of the following locations (no registration necessary):
- McCormick Forest Park, 10301 Bujacich Rd NW, Gig Harbor, WA (Tools listed above needed)
- Harbor Family Park, 6620-32nd St NW, Gig Harbor, WA (Shears & loppers
- Sehmel Homestead Park, 10123 78th Ave NW Gig Harbor, WA (Screw Drivers for weeding)
- Narrows Park, 1502 Lucille Parkway Gig Harbor, WA (not many tools needed)- this area needs several more volunteers)
In the 3 short hours you will:
- Discover new parks & area’s you never knew about.
- Demonstrate to your kids how important community service is.
- Meet new folks from your community.
- Eat hot dogs that PenMet Parks Director Terry Lee will cook for you.
- Get some exercise and fresh air.
- Start your weekend with the good feeling that you contributed!
If you ever wondered where all the park shelters are to reserve for your party or event find them HERE
See you all at Gig Harbor Parks Appreciation Day.
Here is a MAP Link to the park locations and directions.