After visiting the Scarecrow Festival in Gig Harbor, take the family out to
Key Peninsula on Saturday Oct. 6, 2018 (10am – 4pm) for the local
Key Peninsula Farm Tour for a FREE get-down-to-nature-experience.
Your first stop will be at the newly developed Gateway Park, which is just past the Food Market at Lake Kathryn, for a map and guide of the tour.
As you venture down the Key watch for the invasion of the scarecrows around Key Center.
Here are a few stops:
- YMCA Camp Seymour is joining the Farm Tour this year. Did you know you can bring your group to Camp Seymour for a day or a weekend? Check it out the details on Event Resources Gig Harbor HERE and while you are there explore the buildings and learn about the camps largest Living Machine, which starts in a large greenhouse filled with plants and other organisms.
- Grand Farms- Get a preview of the upcoming haunted hike & horse demonstrations.
- Faraway on Filucy Bay-Lots of vendors, a tour, food and music.
- Minterbrook Oyster Farm- learn about oysters and see how they are shucked and processed.
- Lakebay Marina lots of food options, live music and tour the Pierce County Sheriff Patrol Boat.
Fiber Arts Festival at Longbranch Clubhouse – NOT TO BE MISSED! FREE Admission
Featured artist this year is Terry Logan, known for her original designs in clothing, high fired ceramic buttons & accessories and clay masks. – see photos below.
24 Artists will display their one-of-a-kind wearable silks, alpaca fur and woolens, hand-tooled leather, embroidery and quilts.
- The Farm Tour is a MUST SEE event and you must experience the Longbranch Improvement Clubhouse and YMCA Camp Seymour and consider them for a private events. They are the largest venues in our community and can host groups from 100 – 500.