The Gig Harbor Film Festival invites you to see first-hand the work of aspiring filmmakers in our community.
14 short films have been featured at the 2016 Gig Harbor Film Festival. Have you ever attended? Are you wondering more about this special Gig Harbor event? Click on this link to learn more about the Harbor Film Festival.
You are invited to the Film Festival Awards Party at the Inn at Gig Harbor.
All 14 ﬁlms that were premiered on the big screen at the Galaxy Theater on Sunday 4/3 and now you can see the winners. Join us at 5 pm at The Inn at Gig Harbor for the Red Carpet Awards Party. The cost of the film ticket is $10. The combined party and film ticket is $25. Get your ticket at Eventbrite HERE.
Students from Kopachuck, Harbor Ridge, Harbor Heights, Lighthouse and Peninsula High will all compete in their age bracket (13 and under; 14 – 18; 19 and up.) Each team of up to 5 had to adhere to the following criteria:
- Write, ﬁlm, edit and score a 5-minute short all within 72 hour (Mar. 10 – 13)
- The following elements must be in the film-
- 1. A coffee mug
- 2. A tube of lip balm or lip gloss (lipstick doesn’t count)
- 3. A laugh or giggle (heartwarming or evil sinister type)
- 4. Line of dialogue, “I just wanna be alone” or “I just wanna be left alone” either one.
Judges are Al Abbott & Dennis Minor, who serve on Gig Harbor Film Festival boards and Stephanie Derosa from Harbor Ridge Middle School.